As a Program Consultant, you will be guiding students from all over the world to join Hutong School to study Chinese or to do an internship in China. We are looking for an individual with a strong sense of responsibility and a passion for intercultural communication and exchange. In your job, you will be an ambassador for our China-based programs, so prior experience in China is a big plus.
So, what will you be doing?
You will be guiding students from A to Z in realizing their China experience!
- Before arrival in China, you are:
- The first point of contact for inquiries from all over the world
- Informing and guiding applicants in their search for the right program and actively upselling the program whenever possible
- Interviewing new Internship Program applicants and matching them with suitable partner companies
- Giving advice about the logistical aspects of a program (including but not limited to: guiding students through their visa application, pre-arrival details, answering questions about life in China, etc.)
- Assisting in the preparations for students’ arrival
- After new students arrive in China, you:
- Welcome the student on their first day
- Support the student to settle down, especially during the first week of their program (e.g. provide practical information about life in China)
- Take the student to their internship company on their first day
- Follow up with the student during their stay to ensure that everything goes well
- Identify opportunities for program extensions
- Besides this, you will:
- Establish new partnerships with companies and make sure we can offer qualified internships to our students
- Participate in networking events and attend company meetings
- Support our local sales team by networking in the foreign community in Beijing
- Report to the Program Director and General Manager
Who are we looking for?
- You have a minimum of one-year China experience and basic knowledge of the Chinese language
- You have a strong interest in Communication and Sales, other related areas are the Education, Travel and HR industry
- You have good people skills
- You have an eye for detail and precision (strong organizational skills are a big plus!)
- You’re a team player who works equally well in a team and by yourself
- You are eager to learn
- You like to multitask and can keep a cool overview even when things get busy
- You enjoy a multicultural environment and can easily talk with people from all types of backgrounds
- You have strong communication skills (written and oral)
- You’re fluent in English, all extra languages are a plus (with a preference for German and French)
- You think in solutions, not in problems (i.e. you’re optimistic!), and can keep calm while working under pressure
- You enjoy working in an international team, of which mutual respect & trust are the man features. Plus, we are all really nice!
What do we offer?
- A fun and supportive work environment
- An International team (China, the Netherlands, the US, Denmark, the UK, Argentina, Belgium, Madagascar, etc.)
- Plenty of opportunities for personal and career growth
- Central location in Sanlitun
- Competitive salary and benefits (incl. Chinese classes and insurance)
- All official holidays (no working on Saturdays to compensate)
- You will get to travel to Shanghai for the training
To apply for this job, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and motivational letter in an email marked: Beijing Program Consultant.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by November 29th, 2019 at 24:00 CET
Hutong School was founded in 2005 to answer the growing demand of students, graduates and young professionals from all over the world eager to discover China. As an officially accredited language school, Hutong School creates new opportunities in China through its Internship Program and Intensive Chinese Programs, as well as Entry Level Job Placement service. Hutong School is the leading company in its sector, offering all-inclusive programs in Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Hangzhou, Qingdao, Chongqing, and Zhengzhou as well as introductory Chinese courses in many western capital cities.
With more than 5000 happy alumni, we are proud to say that we can accommodate the interests of our students and needs in China with our package programs or customized services.