As we keep growing, we are looking for a new colleague to work in Beijing to join our admissions team.
The mission of the Program Consultant is to consult applicants on both the Intensive Chinese Program and the Internship Program through our brands Hutong School and Internship Network Asia.
Do you think you have what it takes? Are you up for a challenge? Apply now if you want to work in Beijing!
This job in Beijing requires you to work together with and report to the Program Director on the following daily tasks, including but not limited to:
Package Sales (pre-arrival)
- Deal with initial inquiries at our central e-mail address, contact form and online chat function (rotation between all team members)
- Handle the entire sales process from first contact through final enrollment with applicants from all over the world, by email and phone, including:
- Informing and guiding applicants in their search for the right program
- Interviewing new Internship Program applicants
- Matching the Internship Program applicants with available internship offers by contacting the companies offering positions
- Helping applicants of the Intensive Chinese program to define the specific characteristics of their program and upsell additional services whenever possible
- Advising enrolled students on the logistical aspects of their stay before their arrival (advice on their visas, provide the necessary documents, get arrival details, questions about life in China, etc.)
- Assist the Program Director by providing information and feedback regarding the sales process with the aim to continuously improve the process
Package students: Customer Service and Quality Control (post-arrival)
- Help to prepare for students’ arrival
- Take the student to his/her internship company on the first day of internship
- Follow up on the internship quality and help to ensure our students are happy with the services they are receiving (Quality control)
- Identify opportunities for extensions and advise the package student regarding extension options and pricing
Corporate Relations with Internship Companies
- Contact new companies and/or answer companies’ enquiries when the General Manager is out of office
- Occasionally attend company meetings to establish new partnerships for the Internship Program
- Help the General Manager in defining the internship offers from new partner companies
- Identify opportunities for selling Chinese classes and conduct the sales process
Local Sales (+/- 10% of the time)
- Support local sales of Chinese classes by networking in the foreign community in Beijing, with the aim of having 1-2 sales meetings/week for local classes in Beijing (+/- 10% of the time)
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Strong interest in Sales, with background or interest in Human Resources/Training/Education/Communication/Travel industry or other related areas
- Fluent spoken and written English, all extra languages are a plus with preference for German and Spanish
- Basic knowledge about the Chinese language is a must, minimum of 1 year China-based experience
- Eye for detail and precision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, customer-orientated, team player
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
This job in Beijing starts with an initial training period of one month.
Hutong School has been offering Chinese classes and internships in China since 2005. Following years of rapid expansion in China, Hutong School also started offering Chinese classes abroad, with a first branch in Brussels, which opened in October 2013. In 2014, we increased our presence in Europe (London, Milan, Paris) and also started offering internships in Chengdu. We are committed to the professional development of our program participants and employees alike and are looking for new talent to join our teams across the globe.
If you are interested in this Program Consultant job in Beijing and believe you are suitable for the job, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.